Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Kent, a renowned restoration and cleaning company based in Washington, has established itself as a leader in the industry, delivering exceptional service and ensuring customer satisfaction. Serving both residential and commercial clients, they offer an extensive range of services, including water, fire, mold, storm damage restoration, and general cleaning solutions. Equipped with a skilled and experienced team, SERVPRO of Kent promptly responds to emergencies, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment to restore properties efficiently. Their expertise lies in water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, and mold remediation, adhering to industry protocols for a thorough cleanup process. What sets them apart is their unwavering commitment to customer service, characterized by open communication, quick response times, and tailored solutions. Clients appreciate the guidance and regular updates provided by their knowledgeable staff throughout the restoration process. When it comes to comprehensive restoration and cleaning services, SERVPRO of Kent is the trusted choice for residents and businesses in the Kent area.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (253) 850-1500
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.