Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
When You Discover Mold in Your Kent Home or Business
Microbial growth in your Kenthome might not be as evident and clear-cut as you might think. There are indicators that colonization could exist if you cannot see it, such as a musty odor. When you confirm mold growth, it is critical to act quickly. Our professionals have experience and extensive training in the latest practices and techniques to remediate mold colonization in homes and businesses.
Our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) accredited through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) can mobilize quickly when fungal growth exists in Kent properties. The sooner that we can arrive at your home and begin remediation tactics, the more of the affected structural elements and contents that can get protected and restored.
Remediation Strategies for Your Structure
We enter homes and businesses in various stages of mold development and degradation, meaning that the tactics used to remediate these losses change from one site to the next. Some of the effective active colony removal tactics include:
- Applying Antimicrobial Products
- Media Blasting
- Controlled Demolition
Containment Strategies to Protect Your Property
Containment is a considerable element to effective remediation, as these physical and equipment-generated barriers reduce the spread of volatile organic compounds, active mold spores, and other microbes that can be challenging to manage. We can utilize thick plastic sheeting for perimeter barriers to establish drying zones and limit movement of spores with negative air chambers and air scrubbers.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (253) 850-1500
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Kent?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (253) 850-1500
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Kent is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 2140 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: