Considering Mechanical Systems in Tukwila Homes for Efficient Drying
Overcoming Obstacles In The Drying Process Ensures We Provide Efficient Results for Damaged Tukwila Homes.
After a water damage incident, it can be challenging to clean and restore the property around so many possible variables. With every situation being unique, our technicians need to be as experienced as possible with potential obstacles they might encounter.
Are Mechanical Systems Common in Homes?
Before water damage restoration in Tukwila homes can begin, we must first consider various mechanical systems that could impact efficient recovery. Some of these include:
- Central vacuum systems
- Air exchange
- Electrical fixtures
- Exhaust vents for kitchens and bathrooms
- Heating, venting, and AC systems
What Kinds of Pressure Concerns Can These Systems Cause?
The three pressure situations that must be managed with mechanical systems are:
- Positive Pressure – this pressure describes when a system pushes air into a space, like your HVAC system supply lines.
- Negative Pressure - is created by a system pulling air out of a space, like the return lines of HVAC systems or an exhaust fan running in the bathroom.
- Neutral Pressure – This is present in systems not meant to move air, such as plumbing or electrical networks.
How Can SERVPRO Overcome Potential Obstacles?
One of the first things we can do when we recognize possible threats to efficient drying and restoration is to seal off these vulnerabilities. Vents, for example, can no longer provide a path outside the building envelope if the return inside the house has been sealed over. These deliberate practices are vital to offering complete restoration and evaporative drying solutions for customers after water damage.
Restoring a home after a water damage incident can be a considerable challenge, especially when outlying factors impact the efficiency of drying inside. Our SERVPRO of Kent team can provide efficient and effective water removal, drying, and cleaning solutions for area homes. Give us a call today at (253) 850-1500.