What Cleaning Methods Are Used on Content After a Fire in Kent?
SERVPRO’s Fire Damage Restoration Services Utilize a Number of Cleaning Methods on Kent Homes
Fires can rage through a home, destroying everything in its path, or small fires can happen that get contained easily. Either way, the content of the home can end up damaged from smoke and soot residue. When that happens, SERVPRO techs know just what to do.
Using the Proper Cleaning Method for the Material
It is much more cost-effective to restore the content of a home than to replace it. Our techs do everything possible to restore not only the content but the structural elements. We employ several cleaning methods to reach that goal. Our fire damage restoration in Kent includes:
- Dry Cleaning – For the removal of light-to-medium soils that are non-greasy. Also used for pre-cleaning before wet cleaning. An example would be using a feather duster, vacuum, or dry-cleaning sponge.
- Wet Cleaning – An aggressive cleaning method that is very effective on moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray & Wipe – A wet cleaning process where the cleaning agent gets applied by spraying. The item then gets wiped clean.
- Foam Cleaning – Used primarily for upholstery that would shrink or bleed.
- Abrasive Cleaning – Agitation of the surface is the process used here. Our Stain Scrub often gets used with this method.
If your home has been impacted by fire, SERVPRO can provide:
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Smoke remediation
- House Fire Clean Up
- Water Removal Services
For more information, contact SERVPRO of Kent at (253) 850-1500.