New Cleaning Technology for SERVPRO of Kent Customers
State of the Art Soft Goods Cleaning Technology
When property damage occurs the initial focus is often on the larger pieces of someone’s life that was affected. A roof, the kitchen floor, or the finished basement that needs to be repaired if the main focus of most involved.
When the dust of emotions and initial response settles the less noticeable pieces to someone’s life or business then presents itself. The focus then moves to the “little things” in life that bring far more value than a dollar amount.
The blanket that your Aunt made. The stuffed animal that your daughter won at the State Fair when she was 8. Even those pair of shoes you bring out for special occasions, the ones they don’t even make anymore. These are all items that sure, you could say are worth $9 for a stuffed animal, but honestly is there really an amount of money that can reimburse you for your emotional attachment?
At SERVPRO of Kent we had seen several customers that went through the painful process of “being reimbursed” for their contents throughout the years. We wondered if there was something we could do to improve the level of services that we were providing. There was a definite need based on the feedback we had received.
In June SERVPRO of Kent made the decision to invest in the Equipment and Training needed to provide state of the art soft contents cleaning in house. SERVPRO of Kent is now using the Industry leading Esporta System to clean soft goods contents to Food Grade levels. This has resulted in less items thrown away, lower claims costs, and a better experience for our customers.
The cleaning technology we now have in house is capable of cleaning a variety of soft goods:
– winter boots
– hiking boots
– leather slippers
– suede coats
– leather coats
– suede handbags
– leather handbags
– suede or leather hats
– stuffed animals or dolls
– throw or bed pillows
– curtains or drapes
If you would like to learn more about the technology and process SERVPRO of Kent uses on soft goods cleaning please contact us today at 206-282-9500
Summertime Water Conservation Tips
Keep your plants happy and your water bill low with a few simple points.
With summer now in full swing, it's time to consider how to keep your lawn and garden it tip top shape while also considering how to keep your water bill down. Here are a few tips from Popular Mechanics on how (http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/lawn-garden/how-to/g559/9-water-conserving-tips-for-summer-gardening/):
- Don't over water - a good rule of thumb is that a lawn needs 1 inch of water a week and perennial plants and shrubs will need from 1 inch to 2 inches a week. When in doubt, keep the plant's soil lightly moist and see how it responds. Over-watering is just as bad as under-watering; it leads to root rot and soil compaction that robs the roots of air.
- Water in the morning - If you water while it's (relatively) cool outside, water can soak in before it evaporates on the surface. And if you do it in the morning, that helps the plant to take up the water during the day.
- Don't waste water - Don't soak the plant's foliage; it does little good. If you see water puddling or running off, stop; let the water soak in before resuming. Likewise, water that runs off your lawn or off the top of a flower bed onto paved surfaces does no good. The same applies to running lawn sprinklers: Water your lawn, not the side of your house or the driveway.
10 Tips to Make 2017 Your Best Year Yet
2017 is now in full swing and with January now having come and gone, has the start of your new year gone the way you had planned? Whether things are going exactly according to plan or if your path has been skewed by particular obstacles, here are 10 ideas that will help you along provided by Richard Branson, founder and CEO of Virgin Group, courtesy of BBC News.
- Follow your dreams and just do it
- Make a positive difference and do some good
- Believe in your ideas and be the best
- Have fun and look after your team
- Don't give up
- Make lots of lists and keep setting yourself new challenges
- Spend time with your family and learn to delegate
- Try turning off the TV and get out there and do things
- When people say bad things about you, just prove them wrong
- Do what you love and have a sofa in the kitchen
So how will you make the rest of 2017 better?
Happy New Year Kent!
Goodbye 2016 - Hello 2017!
"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something."
On behalf of SERVPRO of Kent, our team wishes all of you a safe and wonderful New Year!
For Immediate Service in Kent, Call SERVPRO
Kent Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Kent provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Kent. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (253)850-1500
Whether your Kent home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Kent commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: http://www.SERVPROkent.com/commercial-restoration-services
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration